The deadline for applications to the 2014 World Water Week Journalist Grant has now passed. Welcome back in 2015 with your submission!
SIWI offers five journalists from low or low-middle income nations the opportunity to visit Stockholm and World Water Week which takes place between 31 August and 5 September 2014.
The World Water Week Journalist Grant covers:
- Round-trip air ticket to Stockholm, Sweden
- Public (or equivalent) transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
- Registration fee for World Water Week in Stockholm
- Certain social events during World Water Week in Stockholm
- Hotel stay during World Water Week in Stockholm
- Meals on half board during World Water Week in Stockholm
- Public transport ticket during World Water Week in Stockholm
The World Water Week Journalist Grant does not cover:
- Visa, and visa-related costs
- Some meals during World Water Week
- Non-public transport in Stockholm (i.e. taxis)
- Any extras
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low- or low-middle income country by the World Bank. See which countries that are eligible in this list.
- You must be an employee of a media outlet in your country (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, recognised digital publication) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- You must have a documented interest in water- and water related issues.
For more information about World Water Week in Stockholm, please visit www.worldwaterweek.org