Stockholm Junior Water Prize
Stockholm Junior Water Prize gathers imaginative young minds from all over the world, encouraging their continued interest in water and sustainability issues. H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is the Patron of the prize. This year, we celebrate the 20th jubilee of the competition. Each year, around a hundred thousand young innovators participate with their bright ideas.
The Stockholm Junior Water Prize contestants get to learn from present leaders of the global water community. They also meet fellow students who share a passion for water and science. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Each year, thousands of participants in over 30 countries all around the globe join national competitions in hopes of earning the chance to represent their nation at the international final held during the World Water Week in Stockholm.
The national and international competitions are open to young people between the ages of 15 and 20 who have conducted water-related projects of proven environmental, scientific, social or technological significance. The projects range from local or regional to national or global topics.
The winner of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize receives a USD 15,000 award, a blue crystal prize sculpture, a diploma as well as the stay in Stockholm. H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is the Patron of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
What does it mean to get to the international final?
Finalists from the participating countries are invited to Stockholm for five days where they take part in the global conference through a variety of activities. Inside the World Water Week conference venue, a poster exhibition of all student projects will give the finalists an opportunity to discuss their projects with the wide range of conference attendees, including researchers, politicians and media. Each of the finalists is further interviewed by a jury of international experts, who decide on the winner announced at the prize ceremony.
View the 2015 finalist projects
Founding Global Sponsor
- "Meet 17-Year-Old Deepika Kurup, Recipient Of U.S. President’s Environmental Youth Award" - The Logical Indian, October 2015
- "Top 30 under 30: Deepika Kurup one of the winners in the Energy category" Forbes magazine, June 2015
- "Alison Bick: the problem solver" - WaterFront magazine, August 2015
- "Water prize winner finds solution to oil sand pollution" - Impeller Magazine, September 2014
- "Bringing together the world's brightest young minds" - Swedish Bulletin, June 2014
- "Alison Bick: Making Your Water Safe, One Picture at a Time" - Mashable, April 2014
- "Ten years after receiving the Stockholm Junior Water Prize: a reel success" - WaterFront magazine, November 2013